Protection You Can Count On
Presenting our proactive approach to protect our members from identity theft and cellular telephone protection!
Coverage for you, your family, and joint account holders.
Cellular Telephone Protection:
Eligible account holders receive up to $300 of Cellular Telephone Coverage to reimburse the cost of replacing or repairing your eligible cell phones, including the primary line and up to two additional lines. This valuable protection covers you whether you are at home or abroad. To receive this Cellular Telephone Protection, you must pay your monthly mobile phone bill from your eligible FCU checking account from which your $2 security fee for ID Protect is paid. (See footnote 5).
Debit and Credit Card Registration
Don’t forget to register all of your credit cards in order to see the full benefit of ID Protect.
Comprehensive Identity Theft Resolution Services
Call 1-877-610-7889 – toll-free access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case. An experienced recovery professional will guide you through the process of restoring your identity. An identity theft recovery case plan will be personally sculpted to meet your exact circumstances.
Total Identity Monitoring
Continued monitoring of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, real property records, telephone and many others. If your risk is rated at medium or high, you will be notified of the potential breaches.
Daily credit file monitoring and automatic alerts of alterations to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports.
3-in-1 Credit Report
Free Credit Score Every 90 Days
Online identity Theft News Center
and valuable phone and web resources.
$10K Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement Coverage
Qualifying FCU members also receive up to $10,000 reimbursement coverage for expenses associated with restoring your identity. (See footnote 4).
Introducing our proactive approach to protect our members from identity theft and cellular telephone protection!
FACT: More than 11.6 million Americans were victims of identity fraud in 2011, an increase of 13 percent over 2010. (See footnote 1) We don’t want you to become one.
Recouping losses and clearing your credit will take time and money if you are a victim of identity fraud. As your trusted financial partner, your identity protection is our highest priority. We already have procedures in place to detect warning signs of identity theft, such as unusual account activity, and we take immediate action and the appropriate steps to prevent and mitigate any potential identity theft event. But now, we are doing MORE.
Our FCU members with consumer checking accounts, and their family (see footnote 3) will receive the following identity theft protect protection powered by IDProtect, for a low monthly security fee of $2.00. (see footnote 2) This fee will be deducted from the head of households consumer checking account on the 1st of each month and will apply to coverage for the current month.
FAQ ABOUT ID PROTECT
How do I activate this valuable service?
Visit IDProtectMe247.com and input the access code that you received in the mail or at the time of account opening. If you no longer have this code, please contact us at 989-497-1600 and we can provide it to you.
Can I purchase IDProtect if I don’t have a checking account with FCU?
No. You must have a personal checking with Frankenmuth Credit Union in order to participate in the IDProtect service. We invite you to open a checking account with FCU at any of our branch locations.
How do I cancel the IDProtect Service?
You can cancel the service by calling FCU at 989-497-1600 or visiting any one of our branch locations.
How much is the IDProtect Service?
There is a low $2 monthly fee for the IDProtect Service and this covers you and your family(3). The fee will be deducted on the 1st of every month from your checking account and appear on your statement as a “Security Fee”.
I received multiple identical mailings – do I need this coverage on each account?
No, the coverage is provided to you and your family(3) and is not limited to a particular account number.
Do I have to have an email address?
If you and/or each of your family3 members want to have the total ID monitoring, all have to have their own unique email address. But, an email address or even Internet access is not required to have the coverage. **
**Access to the credit file monitoring product is available online only.
Who do we contact about IDProtect?
Account Owners can call the Frankenmuth Credit Union directly – but if you have questions directly related to the benefits and service or have a claim you can call:
IDProtect Service Center 1-877-610-7889 (General Questions)
What is IDProtect’s Normal Business Hours?
9AM to 4PM EST
What if I forgot my password?
1. Javelin Strategy & Research, 2012 Identity Fraud Survey Report.
2. Security fee will be deducted from your account by Frankenmuth Credit Union and will apply to coverage for the current month.
3. Family includes spouse, dependents up to age 25 with permanent address being the primary members and parents living in the same household.
4. Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. Insurance coverage is provided to all eligible account holders at no additional cost. Insurance coverage is provided to consumer checking account holders by Frankenmuth Credit Union.
5. Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement Coverage and Cellular Telephone Protection are not a deposit, are not NCUA insured, are not insured by any federal governmental agency, are not guaranteed by FCU or any FCU affiliate. The description of the Cellular Telephone Coverage is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to Guide to Benefits for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage.
Insurance product is not a deposit; not NCUA insured; not an obligation of credit union; and not guaranteed by credit union or any affiliated entity.